Sample Case Shown in RETRO GRAY.
** List OPEN now until 15 AUGUST 2022. Shipments begin on or about 1 SEPTEMBER 2022**
The team behind JAMMIX developed an awesome kit to turn your MiSTeR FPGA into a nice console-esque build when paired with a standard ITX case. I thought this was brilliant since I don’t like the squid look that most MiSTeR builds have due to the hardware layout of the DE-10 Nano board and the limited space forcing design choices for addon PCBs. Other JAMMA PCBs to modify MiSTeR are on the market but I really was drawn to the way this one used a known standard and was dual focused: inside arcade cabinets and on your media stand with the rest of your consoles or HTPC.
So what, plenty of ITX PC cases exist. Yes, that’s true and most are pretty cheap. A lot cheaper than my case for sure. Here’s the value added when you buy a case designed for JAMMIX:
- You get to choose the color.
- The case is designed for this exact use case. You don’t have to cut up a case to fit extra buttons and LEDs nor create a cutout to access the JAMMA edge.
- It’s all steel, no plastic.
- It’s designed to maximize airflow.
- There are 4 USB ports on the front so you and your friends don’t have to reach the back of the case to plug in more controllers.
- Its simple, clean, and functional.
What does it come with?
- The Case as shown with rubber feet, hardware, and front mount USB connectors.
~9″ wide, ~3″ tall, and ~10″ deep.
Case Color Options
What do you need to provide?
- A JAMMIX Kit
- DE-10 Nano
- Power Brick with the 4 Pin power connector – these are available with the Pico PSU usually.
- 4x 12mm push buttons and wiring to connect them to JAMMIX
- Any button that fits a 12mm hole will work.
- These have leads already attached saving some work.
- 3x LEDs for the status indicators and wiring to connect them to JAMMIX. The following are used in this build and a perfect fit:
- USB Hub
- 40mm fan.
This is a DROP – meaning, the order form will be up for until 15 AUGUST 2022 to let people get orders in and then production will start. Production will take about 15-18 days from the end of the order period and your case will be shipped directly to you. All prices include world wide shipping. You are responsible for import taxes where applicable (i.e. international order). Once an order is placed I can cancel it up to the day the list closes, after that the order is finalized. Payment is due on order.
Links are provided for convenience only. These are not considered an endorsement for quality, good customer service, or otherwise. MiSTeR isn’t for everyone and does take some tweaks and patience to setup. I am not a pro and end up googling a lot to get things working sometimes. Once it is setup, its pretty awesome. I hope this full setup makes it look just as awesome.
I will design a 3D printed plug for the JAMMA side of the case for those not using this inside a cabinet. It will plug the hole and simply press fit onto the JAMMA edge. The 3MF file will be available free to those who purchase a JAMMIX ITX Case. I may print some and have them available for purchase separately as well.
#JAMMIXCase Giveaway Details!
I am very excited to offer this case because when paired with a JAMMIX PCB solved a lot of problems I saw with MiSTerFPGA not looking sleek on my media console. To celebrate the launch and build awareness over this release, I am going to GIVE ONE AWAY FREE -AND- send you a JAMMIX PCB when Round 2 drops! To be eligible you must do the following:
- Follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/JasenHicks
- Retweet any of my JAMMIX Case Tweets with the hashtag #JAMMIXCase and #MiSTerFPGA in it. A tweet with a link to the product page and the required hashtags also works!
- Unlimited Entries
- Purchase Not Required
- If located outside of the US the case will ship direct to you and I will work with a shop in your country that offers the JAMMIX PCB to arrange getting you one. If a shop doesn’t sell JAMMIX in your country, I will work the details out with MisterKits.com – winner will be responsible for international shipping fees and import fees only.
- Entries window ends 15 August 2022 when the manufacturing run begins.
General Rules: If for some reason the run doesn’t happen due to unforeseen circumstances the contest will be voided. No purchase is necessary to enter. All tweets, retweets, etc. will be verified by me prior to a winner being chosen. Winner will be contacted via Twitter DM, if your DMs are off and you can’t be contacted within 24 hours you forfeit your win to the next eligible participant. Russia, Afghanistan, North Korea, Cuba, and any other countries with embargos from the US are not eligible. Winners outside of the US are responsible for any customs fees incurred when importing the prize. These prizes have NO CASH VALUE. Winners may not transfer their winning to another person. These rules may not be inclusive and my best judgement will be used if an unforeseen or questionable situation arises. The goal is to ensure a retro gamer interested in JAMMIX, MiSTerFPGA, and the case wins – not a business, reseller, or otherwise.