Printed Plexiglass Overlays are a great way to ditch standard paper artwork that is susceptible to moisture, dust being trapped between the plexi and the actual artwork, and a loss of vibrancy over time. I have been offering this service for about 6 years now, based on demand, and everyone has been more than satisfied with the way their Fight Stick builds pop when swapping artwork out with a printed plexi overlay. This will be equally awesome on the custom Konami JAMMA PCB Cases I am offering starting this month! NOTE: These will ship from me in Japan but the Konami Cases will ship from our shop in North America, hence the double shipping cost.
What is Printed Plexi?
- Artwork is reverse printed to the plexi. Meaning it’s printed on the back side of the plexi glass, directly to it. The art and plexi is a single unit. this isn’t a vinyl sticker applied to the back of the plexi.
- The lack of paper prevents ink from being absorbed into the printing surface so its a more vibrant print.
- The piece is a single unit so install is easier and the artwork can’t slide around creating alignment issues or possible tears.
- Prints are done on large 4′ x 8′ sheets and then laser cut to final dimension.
- All printed plexi will be 1.5mm thick (1/16″ thick).
- All artwork must be provided on the provided illustrator template. No exceptions. All of the CUTLINES must be on a CUTLINE layer, vectors, and made 100% MAGENTA (C:0, M:100, Y:0, K:0). All ARTWORK must be on an ARTWORK layer, the highest resolution possible, flattened, and properly aligned to the template.
- There will be no post processing of your artwork, with the exception of placing it on the master print/cut file. I.e., I will simply PLACE your file as provided into the master file and send it off. It is CRITICAL you send an accurate file. If something is clearly wrong, I will email you and ask you to fix it.
- The Template is linked at the bottom. Please only use this template!
- Once you place your order, be sure to email me a DROPBOX (or equivalent) link to your artwork. Remember, this must be an ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR file! Please name it with your ORDER NUMBER and FIRST/LAST NAME.
- All artwork will have a WHITE FILL on the back. If you need transparency in the artwork (i.e. you want to see through some of the plexi) PLEASE NOTE THIS ON THE EMAIL YOU SEND ME!