CPS3 Metal Protective Case/Enclosure.
The Capcom Play System 3, also known as the CPS3, is an incredibly popular arcade platform amongst arcade hobbyists. With recent developments such as the Darksoft CPS3 MultiKit and other mods available with SCSI2SD, real arcade hardware use at home and in tournaments has never been easier. I designed the first CPS3 case years ago to offer a nice alternative to the clear acrylic sheet protectors I had offered in the past. The design was simple, clean, and offered an easy way to protect your hardware. In 2020, I officially closed up shop to start on my MBA but the demand for these cases remained. In 2021 I did offer a single run of the cases but with updates! These included:
- Added a spot for the Darksoft MultiKit DipSwitch PCB to be mounted internally and accessible to the outside of the case.
- Added a spot for an HDMI Port to be mounted when used with the CPS2DigitalAV mods and a single 12mm pushbutton to control it.
- Made the case taller to support the DarkSoft Multi SIMMS that required more clearance.
Updates to the case for this run: Second 12mm button for the DigitalAV controls
What you will receive: CPS3 Case with basic assembly hardware.
- Cold Rolled Steel, powder coated finish.
- All graphics are digitally printed direct to the case. No stickers!
- Supports the DigitalAV with HDMI port and 2 12mm Button Cutouts.
- Supports the Darksoft CPS3 Ultra Simms and has a mount for the dip switches on top/front of the case next to the test button cutout.
- Cart cutout is clean without any additional hardware for brackets/etc. (I am a big fan of removing the cart for transport!)
- Mounting points with access to the SCSI2SD if used.
- Access to JAMMA Edge, Audio Output, and Kick Harness.
- Rubber feet on the bottom.
- Simple two piece design.
What you will need to provide:
- CPS3 System itself.
- HDMI Port (optional). They are a panel mount HDMI connector by Poyiccot. Nothing fancy, but they will work and sit nicely in the case. That’s all that matters.
SCS2SD (Optional). Here’s the one I use and modeled the cutouts after.
2x 12mm momentary pushbuttons (Optional). These can be any you want to use as long as they fit a 12mm circular cutout.
- CPSDigitalAV kit (Optional).
- HDMI cables for the Digital AV Kit (Optional).
UPDATED 11/15/22: Each production run, aka pre-order period, will be open for about 30 days. Once complete, I will being manufacturing and shipping them. To keep costs as low as possible, they will ship about 18 days after the pre-order period ends. That means, you can expect to wait about 48 days to get your case. This is the most economical way to keep these in production.
Shipping Timelines: These are made to order, in batches. See the production graphic below to get a sense of how long these take to ship!
- Do I need to use the SCSI2SD with a Darksoft Multi? No. You will either use the Multi Kit or the SCSI2SD depending on your use case.
- Do I need to install the DigitalAV kit? No. The cutouts are provided for convenience and simplicity because you can’t easily cut steel at home. Its just easier to provide them and populate the parts even if you won’t use them now.
- Can you provide any of the additional parts with the kit? Due to the limited quantities of these I can’t economically obtain and store parts to include with the cases.
- Do I pay now or when it ships? Now please.
- Where can I mount the CD Drive? You can’t. These are designed to forgo the CD Drive in favor of either UltraSIMMs or the SCSI2SD route.
These are the folks that I know and trust to work on my gear or have a long history of great customer service and experience with my cases, installs, and more. Their work is their own and not affiliated with JasensCustoms (Jasen Hicks) at all.