CPS2 Metal Protective Case/Enclosure.
The Capcom Play System 2, also known as the CPS2, is an incredibly popular arcade platform amongst arcade hobbyists. With the Darksoft MultiKit, real arcade hardware use at home and in tournaments has never been easier. I designed the first CPS2 case years ago to solve a need I had, to put my multikit in a nice complete case. The design was simple, clean, and offered an easy way to protect your hardware. In 2020, I officially closed up shop to start on my MBA but the demand for these cases remained. In 2021 I did offer a single run of the cases at the request of a few folks with the addition of a single HDMI passthrough cutout. It was a great success.
Updates to the case for this run: Two – 12mm button for the DigitalAV controls. Refined bottom mounting points using metric fasteners and a slightly altered layout due to some fitment issues brought up. (I bought a second CPS2 A board to measure and averaged the two I have to finalize the mounting points).
What you will receive: CPS2 Case with basic assembly hardware.
- Cold Rolled Steel, powder coated finish.
- All graphics are digitally printed direct to the case. No stickers!
- Supports the DigitalAV with HDMI port and 2x 12mm Button Cutouts.
- Access to JAMMA Edge, Audio Output, and Kick Harness.
- Rubber feet on the bottom.
- Simple two piece design.
What you will need to provide:
- CPS2 System itself.
- CPSDigitalAV kit (Optional).
- HDMI Passthrough
- HDMI Blanking Plate
- R/A Pin Header for the Screen (you need to desolder and use the right angle pin header)
- 60mm Fan
UPDATED 11/15/22: Each production run, aka pre-order period, will be open for about 30 days. Once complete, I will being manufacturing and shipping them. To keep costs as low as possible, they will ship about 18 days after the pre-order period ends. That means, you can expect to wait about 48 days to get your case. This is the most economical way to keep these in production.
Shipping Timelines: These are made to order, in batches. See the production graphic below to get a sense of how long these take to ship!
Part Links (Not an endorsement or an affiliate link):
- Do I need to install the DigitalAV kit? No. The cutouts are provided for convenience and simplicity because you can’t easily cut steel at home. Its just easier to provide them and populate the parts even if you won’t use them now.
- Can you provide any of the additional parts with the kit? Due to the limited quantities of these I can’t economically obtain and store parts to include with the cases.
- Do I pay now or when it ships? Now please.
These are the folks that I know and trust to work on my gear or have a long history of great customer service and experience with my cases, installs, and more. Their work is their own and not affiliated with JasensCustoms (Jasen Hicks) at all.